1. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Kansas State vs. Oregon
Literally the only BCS bowl other than the National Championship worthy of checking out. It will be interesting to see the differing styles of both teams, but I’d say Oregon has the advantage heading in to the game. Though, Snyder always has a few tricks up his sleeves.
2. AT&T Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M
Landry Jones vs. Johnny Football in probably the best non-BCS bowl game. Texas A&M is not the SEC team Sooner fans wanted, but it would still be a quality win for Oklahoma to knock off the Heisman winning quarterback and the new and improved Aggies.
3. Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl: Baylor vs. UCLA
Points will be scored. Baylor is one of the most entertaining teams in the country, and going up against UCLA should be a fun one in the Holiday Bowl.
4. New Era Pinstripe Bowl: West Virginia vs. Syracuse
Really the rest of the bowls are pretty bad. However, Tavon Austin in any game is exciting to watch. Then again, this will be a throwback Big East game, so maybe not as good as my expectations are leading me to believe.
5. Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Oregon State
There is really no reason to watch Texas, but it is a Top 25 match-up. I just don’t see any point in watching a sorry Longhorn football team that has not had an identity since Colt McCoy was injured in the National Championship three years ago. However, maybe the Horns can do some damage virtually in front of a home crowd of San Antonio, Texas.
6. Buffalo Wild WIngs Bowl: TCU vs. Michigan State
No offense for Michigan State and a quality defense for TCU. Don’t see any reason why this might be a good game. Though, Boykin is a fun player to watch, and hopefully he can make some big plays to stop Sparty.
7. Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas: Texas Tech vs. Minnesota
Doege and Tech may have a tougher time against Minnesota than you think. However, I would not put it past the Red Raiders to light up the Golden Gophers.
8. AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Tulsa
Rematch from earlier in the season. Considering it is Iowa State, this one could be another snooze fest.
9. Heart of Dallas Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Purdue
No. Just no.