The Oklahoma basketball Sooners are hoping to leapfrog back into the win column with a season sweep of TCU on Tuesday.
After consecutive road losses at No. 2 Baylor and No. 6 Kansas last week, the Sooners return home to the friendly if only minimally filled Lloyd Noble Center to host TCU (9-4, 2-3). OU has played four straight games against teams in the top-15 of the Associated Press Top 25.
Oklahoma is 26-4 all-time against TCU and has won seven straight games against the Horned Frogs. That includes an 82-78 win at TCU on Dec. 6 this season. The Sooners are a perfect 13-0 when they face TCU in Norman.
Interestingly, no member of the current Oklahoma roster has ever lost a game with TCU. Overall, the Sooners are 15-3 against the Horned Frogs since they became members of the Big 12 in 2012. Although the record is lopsided in OU’s favor, many of the games between the two teams have been relatively close affairs.
The Horned Frogs also went through the Baylor-Kansas gauntlet last week. The Horned Frogs lost at home to Baylor on Saturday and were blown out at Kansas, 93-64, earlier in the week. Oklahoma lost 76-61 at Baylor, but fought Kansas down to the wire before falling 63-59 over the weekend.
The Sooners were without their second leading scorer, Brady Manek, and Jalen Hill, who is a contributor off the bench, for the Kansas game. Manek is definitely out for Tuesday night.
Austin Reaves had a season-high 32 points in the first game this season with TCU. Twenty of those points came in the second half, including six points in the final two minutes to preserve the win for the Sooners.
The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:30 CT and will be carried on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. Chuckie Kempf and Brandon Manzer will be on the call.
What fans need to know about the OU-TCU matchup
- TCU features the Big 12’s leading scorer in RJ Nembhard, who is averaging 18.1 points a game.
- The Horned Frogs’ two conference wins have both been on the road (at Oklahoma State and Kansas State).
- Nembhard’s backcourt teammate, Mike Miles, has posted three 20-point games this season and averages 13.8 per game, second best among Big 12 freshman this season.
- Oklahoma averages 77.4 points a game, second best in the Big 12. TCU is averaging 69.2 points a game, third lowest in the conference.
- OU senior guard Austin Reaves’ 16.3 scoring average ranks fourth in the Big 12.
- Sophomore point guard De’Vion Harmon averages 10.6 points per game.
- The Sooners are committing only 11.3 turnovers per game, fewest in the Big 12, and they are the best free-throw shooting team in the conference at 78.6, which ranks 15th in the country.
The Sooners head to Stillwater on Saturday for a Bedlam rivalry game with Oklahoma State.