Riding its second place finish in the Big 12 last season, as well as a rising star in Buddy Hield, the Oklahoma Sooners received some love from the ESPN Big Monday schedulers.
The Big 12 Conference announced Monday afternoon eight Big 12 games would be televised nationally on ESPN Big Monday’s lineup.
The nation should become familiar with the Oklahoma Sooners, Kansas Jayhawks, and Iowa State Cyclones, who play in half of the slated games.
Though, worth noting, ESPN will decide between Baylor at Texas and Oklahoma at Iowa State for its March 2 spot. The game they decide to not nationally televise on ESPN will be moved down to the 6 p.m. CT time slot on ESPN U.
The Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, and TCU Horned Frogs are the only Big 12 teams not scheduled for an ESPN Monday night appearance.
Here is the current lineup for the conference:
- January 5: Oklahoma at Texas (ESPN or ESPN2)
- January 19: Oklahoma at Kansas
- January 26: Texas at Iowa State
- February 2: Iowa State at Kansas
- February 9: Iowa State at Oklahoma
- February 16: Kansas at West Virginia
- February 23: Kansas at Kansas State
- March 2: Baylor at Texas OR Oklahoma at Iowa State
All ESPN Big Monday games are scheduled for an 8 p.m. CT tip off.