In the flood of college football previews that are sure to come, Sports News put out its 2014-15 Bowl Projections.
The Oklahoma Sooners were ranked as Sporting News’ preseason #1, but the publication, also, has Oklahoma playing for a National Title.
Sporting News predicts Oklahoma and the Oregon Ducks will play for the title after OU beats the Alabama Crimson Tide and Oregon beats the Florida State Seminoles in the semifinals.
Beating the Crimson Tide one more time? Sign me up. Though, Oregon dethroning Florida State would prevent a 2000 National Championship Game rematch between OU and FSU.
Regardless, Sporting News believes OU has the tools to get to the title, and certainly, their schedule is somewhat favorable and their team returns a stellar defense and a promising young quarterback.
Other Big 12 projections include:
- The Baylor Bears facing the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the Orange Bowl
- Charlie Strong’s Texas Longhorns playing in the Russell Athletic Bowl against North Carolina
- Oklahoma State and Arizona State squaring off in the Valero Alamo Bowl
- TCU getting Florida in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- Texas Tech and Northwestern meeting in the Heart of Dallas Bowl
- The Advocare Texas Bowl with former Big 12 foes Kansas State and Missouri
- West Virginia and Oregon State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Iowa State and Kansas are the only schools from the Big 12 Sportings News doesn’t see bowling this season.